*Drools*. What can we say about pigs in blankets? A British Christmas delicacy, these bacon wrapped chipolatas are a firm favourite from Lands End to John O’ Groats. Following the lead of some of your favourite supermarkets, add a drizzle of prosecco, and not only will it feel like the classiest Christmas of your life, but your two favourite festive treats are a match made in heaven.
– 12 rashers of smoked bacon
– 12 chipolata sausages
– Sprigs of rosemary, sage, thyme.
– 3 tablespoons of Worcestershire sauce
– 1-2 teaspoons of honey
– of prosecco Method:
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
2. Working one at a time, lay the bacon out on a board. You can even run the sharp end of a knife across them , stretching them out to make it even crispier.
3. Disperse a smattering of herbs over the bacon, and then place a sausage at one end and roll the bacon up. Place in a tray and repeat until done.
4. Cook for 30 minutes, or until they’ve got a golden glaze.
5. Scrape the pigs in blankets from the bottom of the tray with a fish slice, but leave them in there. Add the Worcestershire sauce give it a good shake, scraping all that sticky goodness from the bottom of the tray.
6. Gently glaze the pigs in blankets with the prosecco. Be careful not to drown them and make them soggy.
7. Drizzle in the honey, then place on a medium heat on the hob and bring to the boil until caramelised, shaking continuously to coat. Serve immediately.