SHOP BY CATEGORY
- What Information do we Collect About you?
- How Long do we Store your Data for?
- How Will we use the Information we Collect?
- Communications with Customers
- Legal Basis for Flavourly Processing Personal Customer Data
- Access to your Information and Correction
- How we Protect your Information
- What you can do to Help Protect your Data
- Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Other Websites
- How to Contact Us
What information do we collect about you?
We collect information about when you register with us or place an order for products or services. In order to process your order and maintain our obligations we will collect personal information including your name, email address, shipping address, telephone number, username, password and credit card information. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. Website usage information is collected using cookies.
How Long do we Store your Data for?
We will not keep your personal information for any purpose for longer than is strictly necessary and will only retain the personal information that is necessary in relation to the purpose. We are also required to retain certain information as required by law or for as long as is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse pursuant to our terms and conditions.
We will retain your data for a short time beyond the specified retention period, to allow for information to be reviewed and any deletion to take place. In some instances, laws may require Flavourly to hold certain information for specific periods other than those listed above.
How will we use the information we collect?
We collect information about you to process your order, manage your account and to keep you updated about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. This may include but is not limited to the following general purposes; products and services provisioning, billing, identification and authentication, services improvement, contact, research, and anonymous reporting.
We use your information collected from the website to personalise your repeat visits to our website. In processing your order, we may send your details to, and also use information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies.
Communications with Customers
Flavourly will send you an email when you purchase a product or service on the Site and to keep you updated on your order’s progress. You may also receive an email from our courier partners when your parcel is out for delivery. Flavourly will send you service announcements on rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
You may not opt-out of transactional and service-related communications, which are not promotional in nature.
As set out below under our legal basis for data processing, Flavourly uses your personal data for marketing purposes including using electronic marketing, email, SMS and postal mail to update you on the latest Flavourly offers. We understand not everyone may be interested in these communications and so you have the option to opt out or adjust your preferences from the point of becoming our customer.
Flavourly only aims to keep you informed about products and services which are of interest and relevance to you as an individual. You have the right to opt out of receiving promotional communications from the point of becoming a customer at any time, by:
- changing your marketing preferences within your Flavourly account;
- making use of the simple “unsubscribe” link in emails or the “STOP” number for texts;
- and/or contacting Flavourly via the contact channels set out in this Policy.
Legal basis for Flavourly processing customer personal data
Flavourly collects and uses customers’ personal data because is it necessary for:
- the pursuit of our legitimate interests (as set out below);
- the purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of goods to a customer;
- or complying with our legal obligations.
Our legitimate interests
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of Flavourly, including:
- selling and supplying goods and services to our customers;
- protecting customers, employees and other individuals and maintaining their safety, health and welfare;
- promoting, marketing and advertising our products and services;
- keeping our customers up to date with the latest offers and promotions on our Site;
- sending promotional communications which are relevant and tailored to individual customers;
- understanding our customers’ behaviour, activities, preferences, and needs;
- improving existing products and services and developing new products and services;
- complying with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- preventing, investigating and detecting crime, fraud or anti-social behaviour and prosecuting offenders, including working with law enforcement agencies;
- handling customer contacts, queries, complaints or disputes;
- protecting Flavourly, its employees and customers, by taking appropriate legal action against third parties who have committed criminal acts or are in breach of legal obligations to Flavourly;
- effectively handling any legal claims or regulatory enforcement actions taken against Flavourly;
- and fulfilling our duties to our customers, colleagues, shareholders and other stakeholders.
Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, please email or write using the details in the How to Contact Us section.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
Flavourly uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including remembering the items you place in your Shopping Cart; estimating and reporting Flavourly’s total audience size and traffic; and conducting research to improve Flavourly’s content and services. Flavourly cookies do not collect personal information, and Flavourly does not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to identify who you are.
For further information regarding cookies visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above website tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
To prevent Google Analytics from using Your information for analytics; you may install the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-on by clicking here. To opt out of Hotjar’s use of your information for analytics click here.
How we Protect Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information (such as credit card information) for registration Flavourly encrypts that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). Flavourly follows generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once Flavourly receives it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while Flavourly strives to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, Flavourly cannot guarantee its absolute security.
In addition to this, Flavourly regularly reviews the cyber security standards of all service providers who may handle your personal data and has set out internal policies regarding our data security approach and training for employees. If you have any questions about security on Flavourly’s website, you can email Flavourly at email@example.com.
What you can do to help protect your data
Flavourly will never ask you to confirm any bank account or credit card details via email. If you receive an email claiming to be from Flavourly asking you to do so, please ignore it and do not respond.
If you are using a computing device in a public location, we recommend that you always log out and close the website browser when you complete an online session. In addition, we recommend that you take the following security measures to enhance your online safety both in relation to Flavourly and more generally:
- keep your account passwords private. Remember, anybody who knows your password may access your account.
- when creating a password, use at least 8 characters. A combination of letters and numbers is best. Do not use dictionary words, your name, email address, or other personal data that can be easily obtained. We also recommend that you frequently change your password. You can do this accessing your account, clicking ‘your account’, and selecting ‘change password’.
- avoid using the same password for multiple online accounts.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Flavourly uses third-party platforms and employs other companies or people (including providers of website hosting, security, finance applications, logistics partners and payment providers) to provide services and perform tasks on our behalf and needs to share your relevant information with them to provide products and services to you. These include:
- Opayo, SagePay and Allied Irish Bank Merchant Services (AIBMS) - Payment Processing
- Zendesk - Customer Support
- DPD and other couriers - Courier Services
- Voodoo SMS - SMS Messages
We may share your personal data with our subsidiaries to process it for the purposes of inter-group administration and to deliver products or services where elements of these are provided by group companies other than those with which you have directly contracted. We may also share your personal data with the below third parties:
- our professional advisors, external legal advisors and financial advisors;
- marketing and communications agencies where they have agreed to process your personal data in line with this Privacy Notice;
- market research companies;
- our suppliers, business partners and sub-contractors;
- and/or search engine and web analytics.
Personal data may be shared with government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if required for the purposes above, if mandated by law or if needed for the legal protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
In the event that our business or any part of it is sold or integrated with another business, your details will be disclosed to our advisers and those of any prospective purchaser and will be passed to the new owners of the business.
Our Site contains links to other websites. This Policy only applies to this Site so when you visit other websites from here you should read their own privacy policies.
How to contact us
- by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- by writing to us at: Data Protection, Flavourly Ltd, Ground Floor, London House, 20-22 East London Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4BQ